Thursday, April 4, 2019

Letter to a Bereaved Mother

Dear momma:
My heart hurts for you, I wish I could be there with you to hug you, and cry with you. The road ahead is difficult to travel, but you are never alone. Family is a great support, and God will never leave your side.

Momma, don't blame yourself; don't get plagued by the "what ifs". I guess things are going to turn out the way they do, and that's just the way life is. I understand the dark place you are in right now, and I'm here to use my light to help you through the darkness.

Momma, you have a powerful light as well. Everyone does; it comes from God. It is a great gift we all have, helping other people. Unfortunately for us, our light comes from the hope, faith, and a dependence on God we must have to survive losing a child.

The light IS hope, faith, and God's power. We can find joy in the fact that when it is our time, we will be reunited with our children. We can choose to have faith that God will get us through our worst times, and that HE is our strength.

Dear momma, hang in there. Take it day by day, and let yourself grieve as long as you need to. Let God carry you through the darkness, and then use your light to help another mom through her darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment