Thursday, April 11, 2019

Finding a New Normal After Grief and Loss

Sometimes, I don't want to find a new normal. I feel like a kid having a tantrum to get what they want.
Too bad that doesn't work.

The only logical choice is to find a new normal. If not, there's nothing but misery.
It is very challenging, and impossible for me without God's help. The struggle is as real as real can get.

Bad things happen to the good and bad alike. There's no discrimination, and God doesn't give any reason as to why bad things happen to good people. Read the story of Job. He takes away everything from Job, and he never gave him a clear reason why he did it.

Life on Earth is just not fair, and that's a fact we have to face.
My choice I have had to make, is to find a new normal in my life.
A new normal where I won't get to meet Wynter again until I die; something that I never thought I would have to experience.

It is NOT easy, it is not simple, and it may not be possible to achieve on your own, but finding a new normal is the only way to navigate life happily. It is possible through God, and without his strength I would be lost.

Living a new normal doesn't mean that you forget about your child. It means that you live your life with joy, and by keeping the memory of your child alive. There are many ways to include your child in your life. I like to write about Wynter, and help others who have experienced similar losses. I will celebrate heavenly birthdays, raise awareness on the reality of stillbirth, and join with others to push for more research as to why this happens.
I would like to start a foundation in honor of my daughter to help families who have just lost a child.

A new normal to me means to incorporate the person you lost into your everyday life, but create something great and meaningful from the pain. Ask God to lead you on a path to use your pain to find meaning, and follow that path.

No comments:

Post a Comment